2011-2012 School Year
With the $1.5M in funds raised from July 2010-June 2011, School-Force contributed to the following programs for the 2011-2012 school year:
• Classroom teachers to reduce class size (K-3 Class Size: 25:1 rather than 29:1)
• Reading Specialists
• Para-educators (Teacher’s Aides to help in split level classes)
• 4th/5th Grade Science Specialists
• 4th/5th Grade Instrumental & Choral Music Programs
• Library Media Specialists: Keeping school libraries open district-wide• Dean & Counseling Services at Ralston Middle School
• After-School Athletics at Ralston Middle School
The Belmont-Redwood Shores Public Education Foundation (School-Force), asks each family to donate $1,200 per child each year by June 30th. Donations can be made as a one time payment or a monthly deduction from a credit card. Donating monthly, this means about $3 per day, or $100 per month per child. HOWEVER, we know that some can give more and others need to give less. Any contribution goes directly to all students in the district and improves all our kids’ educations.
2012-2013 School Year
Updated July 2012
School-Force has raised $1.6 million this fiscal year with a 63% district-wide participation rate in School-Force. Thank you to the parents, as well as to the businesses and community members who have stepped up to support public schools in this time of ongoing fiscal crisis. Additional details will be available later this summer.